Friday, February 9, 2024

 Ezekiel 38-39  Ezekiel is given another prophesy about the future of Israel.  It speaks of a day when Israel has been restored to their land and living securely.. and the army from the north comes against them. Gog, Persia, Ethiopia, Put and Gomer.. will come.. "like a storm... a cloud covering the land".  This great army will come with evil intent against Israel.. but this is all according to God's plan. 

"It will come about in the last days that I shall bring you against My land, in order that the nations may know Me when I shall be sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog.." ( v16)

God will move in such power that the "fish of the sea, the birds of the heavens, the beasts of the field, all the creeping things that creep on the earth, and all the men who are on the face of the earth will shake at My Presence; the mountains also will be thrown down, the steep pathways will collapse, and every wall will fall to the ground." (v20) 

This is God's plan...  " and I shall magnify Myself, sanctify Myself, and make Myself known in the sight of many nations; and they will know that I am the Lord." (v23)

God will come against the invaders in such a way that they will be destroyed and it will take Israel's people seven months to bury all of the bodies so the land can be cleansed.  "And I shall set My glory among the nations; and all the nations will see My judgement which I have executed and My hand which I have laid on them." 

After this, Israel will finally be restored.. "then they will know that I am the Lord their God because I made them go into exile among the nations, and then gathered them again to their own land; and I will leave none of them there any longer. And I will not hide My face from them any longer, for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Lord God." ( 39:28-29)

Father in heaven, we want to know You.. magnify You and give all glory and honor to Your Holy Name.  To think of this awesome day that is yet to come, makes us realize that You are far greater than what we think.. Your plans are so vast and immeasurable, as You have reminded us.. Your thoughts are not our thoughts and Your ways are not our ways.. we are so much smaller and weaker and blinder than we like to think.. We pray for Israel, even today, but realize that You are not finished with what You have in store for them.  May they see Your glory and turn back to You and may all the nations know Your greatness before it is too late. Even so, Come Lord Jesus. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment