Monday, December 18, 2017

Luke 12 This chapter is  full of lessons that I want to dig into and learn...  Come Holy Spirit and teach us the Truth that Jesus is revealing here in Your Word!

Lesson 1 - Beware of hypocrisy.   The Pharisees were full of hypocrisy - feigning or acting the part of righteous leaders, but full of deceit.  Jesus says it is like leaven - boiling up and growing, fermenting;
They were covering up their internal wickedness with outward acts of religious works.  But, Jesus says.. nothing is going to stay hidden... The cover will come off and the truth will be revealed.

So, knowing that,  don't live in the same way.  Live in truth.  Speak the truth. Act in accord with the truth.  Don't be afraid of " those who kill the body"  but, " fear the One who after He has killed has authority to cast into hell, yes I tell you fear Him." 

Revere God... 
Who knows the sparrows.. and the number of hairs on your head.
Who values you.. 
Who will hear your confession of Christ before men, and His confession of You before the throne.
Who forgives our failure before Christ, but Who holds us accountable for our words against His Spirit.
Who gives us the words to say by His Spirit when we stand before evil authorities.
These truths will overcome hypocrisy!

Lesson 2 - Beware of greed.  ".. be on your guard against every for of greed; form not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions." ( v15)

Jesus tells the story of a rich man who had so much that he tore down his barns to build bigger ones so that he could own more! He thinks he has it made and he can "eat, drink, and be merry".  But, God had another plan... that very night, the man dies.  His treasure was all wrapped up in earthly possessions.  He was unprepared for what came next - eternity.

So, the way to prepare for true life, life after this world is to be "rich toward God". 
Don't be anxious about this life - food, clothing, body,  "For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing." 
Remember that God values you. 
Don't be anxious.. don't worry.. don't be afraid..
Our Father knows our needs.
Our Father has chosen to give us His Kingdom.
Our Father has given us treasure in Heaven.
Worry accomplishes nothing... Faith accomplishes much!

More to come.. tomorrow.

Father in Heaven,  Your Word says "He who has ears, let him hear"... and so I turn my full attention to Your voice.  I hear You say to me today, that You know me, value me, and have me in Your Hand.
Forgive my hypocrisy.. the times when I go through the motions, but my heart is not full of faith and light.  Shine on me, Lord and uncover every wicked thought.. "search me, O God, and know my heart," as David prayed.. "try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way." Remove anxiety and fear as I stand before You in Jesus Christ, Whom I confess before men.. that He is my Lord and Savior, my King and my God.  Open my eyes to see You in Truth and to worship You always!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment