Thursday, June 2, 2016

Hebrews 3: 1 " Therefore holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession."  

Every word, every phrase of this verse, draws my attention.  "Therefore"... because of Who Jesus is;  because of all He did to provide salvation for us; because of His faithfulness over His Father's house; and because He has proven Himself to be a faithful, High Priest... we "consider" Him..  We need to fully observe and behold, and discover Him!

We are "partakers" - sharers of a "heavenly calling".. We have been invited in... as partners, participating with Him... in heaven's plans.

He is the Apostle, the sent One, and the High Priest, the chief of all priests.... "of our confession". 

Our confession of the gospel, of truth, of faith, of belief:

That He was and is and always will be faithful.
That He is worthy of all glory.
That He is the "boast of our hope"... the way to true rest.

v 12 " Take care, brethren, lest there be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart in falling away from the living God". 

Do not harden your heart... He tells us again and again.  It can become hardened by the "deceitfulness of sin".  It is hardened by disobedience and unbelief.  These things "provoke" God and bar us from entering His rest.

Today, I hear Your voice, and I will not harden my heart, Lord, my God.  I will not fall away from You,  by Your Spirit and power... for I confess that Jesus Christ is my Great High Priest.  I have become a partaker of Christ and hold fast my assurance in Him.  He is my only hope, the only way, the only truth, and the only life. All glory and honor is due Him. With a heart of thanksgiving I come in Him.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment