Monday, July 31, 2023

Romans 8:18-27    The old nature is gone.. the new creation now lives.. "we are children of God"!  For this reason, Paul says, "I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." 

All that worry, all that fear and anxiety, all that pain and sorrow... all that suffering... whatever it is that we are facing.. is " not worthy to be compared"  to what God has planned for us!  Hallelujah!  "For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.. "  Creation itself is hoping, waiting, groaning, and suffering.. in anticipation of the "freedom" that will come.  "and not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body." 

This is true for me! This body is giving me too much trouble these days... I look forward to the day when what we have hoped in.. what we eagerly wait for.. what creation groans for..  the Day when Jesus comes back again! 

Until then.. oh how glorious.. we have this good news... the Spirit of God also groans.. but His groaning is on our behalf.. "in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groaning too deep for words."  He searches our hearts.  He knows our minds.  He intercedes for us "according to the will of God." 

Father in heaven, Abba, who loves me.. I call upon Your Name and You hear me. I seek Your face and You see me. You know my thoughts.. my fears and worries.. my joys and my love... and I surrender all to You.. have Your way in me.  I am eagerly awaiting that wonderful day when Jesus returns.  And, if you call me home before that Day.. then I will trust You in that too. Let Your peace and comfort be ours today in the midst of our sufferings.. in spite of our groaning.. as we persevere in the hope that You have set before us, in Jesus Christ our risen Lord, to whom all glory and honor and praise belongs!  In His holy name we come. Spirit of God pray for us today. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment