Monday, December 13, 2021

 Psalm 15  " O Lord, who may abide in Thy tent?"    

This question leads to a sort of check list.. Do I qualify? Do I:

Walk with integrity?
Work righteousness?
Speak truth in my heart?
Slander with my tongue?
Do evil to my neighbor?
Take up a reproach against my friend?
Despise the reprobate?
Honor those who fear the Lord?
Swear to my own hurt?
Charge interest to those who owe me?
Take bribes against the innocent?

Lord, You know my heart.  You know how often I have failed to have the attitude of Christ, who humbled Himself... "emptied Himself taking the form of a bond-servant and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." ( Phil. 2:7-8)  I trust not in my own ability to complete this checklist.. but I trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.. for He alone is the One who will "never be shaken".  Oh, Thank You for such a wonderful Savior!  "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts ; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way." (Psalm 139:23-24)  In Jesus name, I come. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment