Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Galatians 1-2

 Praise to our God and Father who gives grace and peace, and Who sent Jesus Christ our Lord according to His will.  Thanks be to Jesus who "gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us out of this present evil age... " and who was raised from the dead to give us life.

This is the gospel of grace.. the only gospel that we receive or preach..  It is the gospel, not according to men, but a revelation of Jesus Christ, Himself.  This gospel took Paul from being a persecutor of the church and called him by grace to be a messenger of the truth.  This gospel is what Paul preached and lived by.

The gospel was being distorted by those who "had sneaked in to spy out... the liberty we have in Christ Jesus" Paul wrote.  This distortion would bring the Gentile believers into bondage, the bondage of the Law, which cannot save.

Paul clarifies the truth of the gospel -  "a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus ..."   We must also be crucified... dying to the Law, that we might live to God.

" I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me."  It is all of GRACE.

Have we ... have I.. in any way distorted the true gospel?  Have I added any "works of the Law" that cannot justify me, to the gospel of grace?  Do I live by faith in Christ, the one Who loves me and gave Himself up for me?

Father, search my heart today.  Lead me in truth and grace that I might have true peace in every part of my life.. to the glory of Your Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment