Monday, December 24, 2018

Ephesians 5  "Therefore"... Paul says, because we want to walk a worthy walk,  as new creations in Christ,  we should "be imitators of God.."   We are called to "walk in love".  We are called to "walk as children of light".   We are called to be "careful how we walk"... walking in wisdom, making the most of our time, and understanding "what the will of the Lord is. " 

We are to allow the Spirit of God to fill us and influence our every act, relationship, and decision.
When we speak, it should be edifying - " speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord."

We are to be thankful - "always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father."

We are to be "subject to one another in the fear of the Lord " -  wives and husbands, children and parents, slaves and masters - every relationship influenced and led by the Spirit of God, according to His will, for His glory - reflecting His Love and sacrifice for us. 

We have been redeemed - from darkness, from immorality, from impurity, from greed, and from selfishness.  Our lives, reflect the light and love and goodness.. the righteousness and truth of our Redeemer!  We cannot do this without the continual filling of His Spirit in us.

I read a post yesterday on Facebook by Ann Voskamp that made me think.  She said something to the effect that " I am a place"  A place where God dwells.. I don't need to worry about what I do or don't do.. I can just be a place for Him to live. O Spirit of God,  come and fill us once again.

Father in heaven,  blessed Redeemer,  I praise You and give You thanks for Your grace to me.
Fill me, mold me, make me, and use me.. according to Your plan and purposes.  You have made me as I am, You have placed me where I am,  and You have chosen me to be Your own child.  I desire to walk a worthy walk, in wisdom, love, light, and truth.  Let Your will be done today. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment