Thursday, September 7, 2017

Isaiah 41  Listen to this verse, " The coastlands have seen and are afraid; the ends of the earth tremble." ( v5)    Sounds like a verse for Florida as Hurricane Irma comes closer!  But, also hear verses 10 - "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." 

In any time of danger, we become fixated on the "what ifs".... but, our God is greater than any "what if".  The Eternal God who promised to help in times of trouble... will always keep His Word.
" I will help you, declares the Lord, and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel." (v14).

Father in heaven,  Holy, holy, holy.. are You!  We hallow Your Name and pray that all the peoples of the earth will turn their eyes towards You, to know that You alone are God.  Thank You for the promises of Your Word, that You will help us, that You hear our prayers, and that You will never forsake us.   Father, we ask that You would spare the coastlands from the destructive winds of this hurricane.  Move it out into the ocean and calm the wind and waves.. for You are King of all the earth and it is in Your hands.  We pray this in Jesus' name. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment