John 19:23-30
The soldiers cast lots for His clothing.
He commissioned John to care for His mother.
Then He knew.. "that all things had already been accomplished, in order that the Scripture might be fulfilled."
He said, "I am thirsty".. took some sour wine, said, "It is finished." and then "bowed His head and gave up His spirit."
v31-42
His side was pierced.
His body was taken down from the cross.
Joseph and Nicodemus took away His body and placed it into "a new tomb".
John testifies that he saw all of this with his own eyes. He knew it to be true.
John wrote everything in this book so that the Word would be made known to everyone who would seek the Lord. I imagine that when it came to this chapter he wanted to make sure that Jesus would be honored.. but that he couldn't wait to get to the the next event! I always find it hard to stop at the crucifixion and not rush into the resurrection story. But.. I will stop here for today. I want to meditate on this.. Jesus knew that everything had been fulfilled.. every prophecy.. every Word of the Father was spoken.. . every action that the Father asked of Him was completed.
"It is finished"! Hallelujah! Jesus paid it all.. all to Him we owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, but Jesus made it white as snow! Let us think on this wonderful Savior. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment