Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Job

I find it hard to read the book of Job.  The words of the 3 friends are not helpful to Job and he argues against them, yet this is scripture.  Am I to view these words as true or false?  Reading in chapter 11 verse 12, Zophar says " An idiot will become intelligent when the foal of a wild donkey is born a man"
Seems like a pretty accurate statement ( and interesting when you think of modern science which believes a wild monkey did give birth to a man....)  But how do I process his words?  It this God's Truth even though it is spoken by Zophar?   As I read through the discussions of Job and his friends I find myself impatient for the interruption that comes in the final chapters, when God will speak clearly. When I rest in the full revelation of His glory.  I love that part!  But, meanwhile, I trudge through these chapters with my ear cocked towards Him.. knowing my Shepherd is speaking and I don't want to miss what He has to say.  In fact yesterday morning I read " It is God who removes the mountains, they know not how, When he overturns them in His anger;  Who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble; "  Job 9:5-6.  Little did I know that an earthquake would hit Virgina just a few hours later.  So glad it is all in His Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment